Animator/ Digital Designer
- Location: Atlanta
- Salary: $42-50K
We are looking for a creative and versatile 2D motion graphics designer to help us with the Lead Animator and Art Director’s vision across a broad range of animations and digital projects.
You will be responsible for conceiving, story boarding and building a range of stand-alone animations and full motion videos that incorporate visual effects, producing graphical artwork for interactive layouts, preparing visual assets for responsive and adaptive frameworks. If you understand how to follow a creative brief, turn it into high quality motion, illustration and photographic design that works across a range of digital and animation video styles, then this could be the role for you.
A perfect match for us involves someone who is comfortable working in multi-disciplinary teams, collaborating effectively with colleagues in content, development, video and project management. You will be proficient in Adobe After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop, have a strong understanding of audio and able to deliver high quality visuals, using a broad range of techniques including character design, hand drawn and vector illustration, photographic manipulation and typography. You will understand why pace and timing is essential to every great motion experience.
A few more details on what this role involves
- Designing and creating engaging motion graphics for video deliverables
- Story boarding animations to a high level of finish following a written script
- Creating artwork for a wide range of digital platforms (E.g. cropping and re-touching photography, vector illustration and designing diagrams)
- Adding effects/elements/motion graphics to existing video content
- Creating video composites, keying, rotoscoping
- Understanding the art direction, and apply these styles to the motion/character/graphic designs
- Sourcing media from stock libraries / client brand sites
- Syncing animation to audio
- Sourcing music and recording voice overs
- Working to the metrics set out by the Lead Animator / Art Director
- Creating printed material for blended learning programmes
- Ensuring work is accurate and completed on time
- Keeping the Project Manager and relevant creative lead fully informed on progress
- Communicating any time savings in advance to the team
- Delivering a first-class customer service experience at all times
Why do I want to work for LEO?
LEO is a global leader in the creation of digital learning, and you will work with the world’s top brands, including Coca-Cola, Mars, KPMG, PwC, SAP, Jaguar Land Rover, Marriott, L’Oreal, as well as Government departments, charities and the United Nations.
We work hard and we move fast. We laugh and we have fun doing what we do, but when we work, it is “game on”. Excellence, attention to detail, and initiative are highly valued.
How do I apply?
You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of animation and design through education and/or relevant work experience and have a portfolio that shows creativity and competence using a variety of tools and methods.
Contact us, including a link to your portfolio, and tell us how you’d help us to grow our business. What skills or perspectives do you bring to the table that we can’t do without? Tell us why you’re the right person for this role.
Email email@example.com with your CV, cover letter and any additional information.