Group Legal Counsel
- Location: Brighton, UK
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 (4 days per week)
We are looking for an In house Legal Counsel (ideally 3-5 years PQE) to join our team. Working
alongside the Head of Legal, you will work on a range of LTG legal matters, including commercial IT
agreements and compliance matters. This is a challenging but at the same time very interesting role,
as the global nature of our group will require cross border contracting and an understanding of the law
in multiple jurisdictions. German language skills would be advantageous for this role, though our
hiring decision will be based on the overall profile of the candidate.
This role will be part-time (4 days a week), but for the right candidate we may be willing to consider a
full time role. The salary will be subject to negotiation and dependant on experience, with an
excellent benefits package.
• Negotiating and closing complex (buyer and vendor) commercial agreements in especially the
USA, UK, and Germany, including but not limited to Content Licensing, Software Licensing
Agreements, Software-as- a-Service Agreements, Data Protection Agreements and Professional
• Helping the LTG Head of Legal to ensure that the group acts in compliance with all applicable
laws and regulations (including those regarding data protection laws and regulations) in the
jurisdictions it does business
• Dealing with such legal matters throughout the group as may come up during the course of its
• Helping to build and maintain the legal infrastructure throughout the group
• Supporting corporate activity
• Pro-actively mitigating Company legal risks
• Dealing with contract management
Ideal skills and knowledge:
- Some expertise and knowledge in Information Technology Laws
- Excellent contract drafting skills
- Experience in cross border contracting
- Must be a generalist, and willing and able to provide a broad suite of legal services
- Team player, whilst at the same time willing and able to work independently
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to work after hours from time to time where negotiations so require
- Enthusiastic and proactive personality
- Commercial Awareness and Business Acumen are important for this role
Why do I want to work for LEO?
You will be working for a market leading, global organisation, which is fast growing in the learning technologies sector. LEO is part of the Learning Technologies Group. LTG are specialist learning technology businesses that are at the forefront of innovation and industry leading. The brands range from exciting video games companies to leading software and standards companies.
LEO is a global leader in the creation of digital learning, working with the world’s top brands. These include British Airways, Jaguar Land Rover, Novartis, Mars, John Lewis, as well as Government departments, charities and the United Nations. With offices in Brighton, London, Sheffield, New York and Rio de Janeiro, LEO offers a wide range of software services to support our clients throughout the entire training and development lifecycle. Specialising in learning technologies, our services include multi-device learning, mobile apps, learning portals, learning games, authoring tools and consultancy.
Email email@example.com with your CV, cover letter and any additional information.