Lead Learning designer
- Location: Brighton, Sheffield
LEO is a global leader in the creation of digital learning, working with the world’s top brands. These include British Airways, Jaguar Land Rover, Novartis, Mars, John Lewis, as well as Government departments, charities and the United Nations.
With offices in Brighton, London, Sheffield, New York and Rio de Janeiro, LEO offers a wide range of software services to support our clients throughout the entire training and development lifecycle. Specialising in learning technologies, our services include multi-device learning, mobile apps, learning portals, learning games, authoring tools and consultancy. LEO’s creative hub is our Studio where teams of learning designers, digital designers and developers work with our accounts teams to deliver these services to our clients.
We are currently looking for a full time Lead Learning Designer for our Brighton or Sheffield office.
The Lead Learning Designer works with a multi-disciplinary team of learning designers, developers, digital designers and project managers. Their main purpose is to lead a team to design and deliver learning experiences that meet client’s requirements, exceeds their expectations and are delivered to schedule and budget. The Lead Learning Designer should have a passion for learning and technology and an ability to clearly articulate best practice.
- Work with clients to undertake design research and analysis
- Work with clients and project team to define appropriate learning architectures and solutions, as well as bespoke interactions
- Produce persuasive design documentation
- Pitch design concepts to stakeholders at every level
- Lead a team effectively, providing briefing, timely review, feedback, mentoring and development
- Work with the team to maintain the quality of a solution from design through to final delivery
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, help to manage the overall client review process
- Lead client meetings and workshops
- Deliver a first-class customer service experience at all times
- Proven ability in creating innovative design solutions and learning architectures
- Knowledge of how the psychology of learning underpins learning design
- An understanding of the principles of user experience design
- An understanding of recent advances in both technology and design approaches
- The ability to establish strong working relationships with clients
- An understanding of the principles of effective writing and an ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner
- Experience of managing multiple priorities, projects and relationships
- Understanding of the principles of SCORM and LMSs
- An understanding of key factors that influence the design of multi-media, such as accessibility measures, bandwidth, screen-size etc.
- Experience of training needs analysis
- Experience of leading a team of Learning Designers
- Understanding of Tin Can /xAPI and LRSs
- Experience of running webinars
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, cover letter and any additional information.