Moving Image Manager
- Location: Brighton
- Salary: £38000 - £40000
Salary: £38,000 – £40,000
Why do I want to work for LEO?
LEO is a global leader in the creation of educational online video and animation, and you will work with the world’s top brands, including Coca-Cola, Mars, Jaguar Land Rover, British Airways, Ferrero, as well as Government departments, charities and the United Nations.
Our output includes:
- Location-based dramas, filmed in the UK and abroad
- Documentary case studies and interviews
- Promotional videos
- 2D and 3D animation in a range of styles
- Immersive 360 video, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
As our dedicated Moving Image team continues to grow at a rapid pace we are looking for an experienced, culture driven and pro-active media professional to lead the creative and operational dimensions of the team.
You will be responsible for line managing a team of talented Animators and Film Makers, ensuring the growth and development of each individual alongside creating a positive working culture. You will create stunning moving image outputs yourself as well as supervising the output of the team.You will also support project management and sales teams with guidance and support regarding Moving Image projects.
With proven professional experience leading a creative team, you will be required to:
- Act as a creative lead for the department, pushing its creative offer and driving continued growth
- Line manage directors, cameramen, animators and editors
- Manage the day-to-day resourcing of the department, ensuring all members of the team achieve their chargeable utilisation targets
- Carry out chargeable work for 50% of your time, whether as production management, filming or animation
- Maintain a robust network of freelancers
- Input into new business pricing, proposals and presentations
- Support team members in their ongoing professional development
- Perform other duties as may be required.
Some travel will be required from time to time.
A perfect match for us will have:
- A strong creative vision to push the quality of the department’s documentary, drama and animation output.
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills, capable of juggling multiple tasks at the same time.
- A proven track-record leading creative teams and working hands-on in a dedicated video and/or animation role.
- A talent for finding solutions by looking at the problem in a way others might not.
- Excellent communication skills, equally at-ease presenting ideas to clients or leading a project team.
- Deep knowledge of production processes for documentary, drama and animation.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere and After Effects.
Contact us, with a link to your portfolio/showreel, and tell us how you’d help us to grow our business. What skills or perspectives do you bring to the table that we can’t do without? Tell us why you’re the right person for this role.
Email email@example.com with your CV, cover letter and any additional information.