Technical Project Manager – LEO UK – Short term contract
- Salary: Competitive rate
LEO is a global leader in the creation of digital learning, working with the world’s top brands. These include British Airways, Jaguar Land Rover, Novartis, Mars, John Lewis, as well as Government departments, charities and the United Nations.
We are looking for an experienced Manager to cover two large projects in the short-term, with a view to this extending to the end of the year.
The development teams and client are spread globally, so experience running teams in this manner is a must. You will also be very comfortable with large technical team management and the use of iterative, agile and specifically scrum practices.
Technical Project Management
- Demonstrable experience in complex Agile delivery and Scrum practices, able to motivate and lead a team working iteratively
- Good knowledge of JIRA and the use of Atlassian suite of products
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems or web applications builds is ideal
- Expertise in managing on-site and off-site teams across different time zones, particularly technical architects, developers and testers
- Deployment expertise, ability to maintain knowledge of builds, code management and technical deliveries across multiple platforms
- Firm understanding of project and resource planning, sprint planning and task prioritisation
- Able to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrable experience in risk and issue management during the entire lifecycle of the project
Project and Account Management
- Manage the day-to-day running of the client programme and implement agreed projects
- Ensure each project is implemented according to LEO quality standards, programme deadlines and measurable programme objectives.
- Ensure client and internal stakeholders are regularly updated on progress and any changes to programme(s). Responsibility for stakeholder engagement, expectation management and accurate and concise status reports
- Responsibility for budget control, accurate invoicing and estimating, be aware of budget status at all times and promote account profitability.
- Experience managing projects up to £1m and teams of up to 20 people
- Track employee and freelancer time on projects to ensure that time logged is in accordance with agreed budgets and time allocation for jobs, and flag any discrepancies to team in timely manner
- Manage commissioned employees and freelancers, on a day-to-day basis, ensure the quality of their outputs.
- Ensure that team systems, e.g. filing, is being implemented and is working across the team.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained at all times
- Implement client reviews as required
- Brief projects clearly and accurately to team members and freelancers
- Alert leadership to shortfall in performance of supervised personnel/recommend training needs
- Establish strong client relationships
- Maintain awareness and understanding of current issues relating to client and product area
- Advise client on necessary project changes/external issues
- Ensure timely response by team to client enquiries
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity
- Maintain social contact with client personnel where appropriate
Email email@example.com with your CV, cover letter and any additional information.