Project Manager – Rocky Hill, Connecticut or Atlanta
- Location: Rocky Hill, Connecticut or Atlanta
- Salary: $65000-80000
This exciting new role has been created due to the expansion of LEO’s US operations, and is based in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. LEO also have offices in the UK, New York and Rio de Janeiro, LEO offers a wide range of software services to support our clients throughout the entire training and development lifecycle. Specialising in learning technologies, our services include multi-device learning, mobile apps, learning portals, learning games, authoring tools and consultancy.
The Project Manager’s main purpose is to coordinate a team of Developers, Solutions Architects, UI Designers and Engineers and manage platform projects that meet the client’s requirement, exceeds their expectations and are delivered on schedule and budget.
Project and Account Management
- Manage the day-to-day running of the client programme and implement agreed projects
- Ensure each project is implemented according to LEO quality standards, programme deadlines and measurable programme objectives.
- Ensure client and internal stakeholders are regularly updated on progress and any changes to programme(s). Responsibility for stakeholder engagement, expectation management and accurate and concise status reports
- Responsibility for budget control, accurate invoicing and estimating, be aware of budget status at all times and promote account profitability.
- Experience managing projects up to $1m and project teams of up to 20 people
- Track employee and freelancer time on projects to ensure that time logged is in accordance with agreed budgets and time allocation for jobs, and flag any discrepancies to team in timely manner
- Manage commissioned employees and freelancers, on a day-to-day basis, ensure the quality of their outputs.
- Ensure that team systems, e.g. filing, is being implemented and is working across the team.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained at all times
- Implement client reviews as required
Technical Project Management
- Demonstrable experience in complex Agile delivery and Scrum practices, able to motivate and lead a team working iteratively
- Good knowledge of JIRA and the use of Atlassian suite of products
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems or web applications is ideal
- Expertise in managing on-site and off-site teams across different time zones, particularly technical architects, developers and testers
- Deployment expertise, ability to maintain knowledge of builds, code management and technical deliveries across multiple platforms
- Firm understanding of project and resource planning, sprint planning and task prioritisation
- Able to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrable experience in risk and issue management during the entire lifecycle of the project
- Brief projects clearly and accurately to team members and freelancers
- Alert leadership to shortfall in performance of supervised personnel/recommend training needs
- Establish strong client relationships
- Maintain awareness and understanding of current issues relating to client and product area
- Advise client on necessary project changes/external issues
- Ensure timely response by team to client enquiries
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity
- Maintain social contact with client personnel where appropriate
Email email@example.com with your CV, cover letter and any additional information.