Test Engineer – UK
- Location: Brighton, UK
- Salary: £35000-£45000
Why do I want to work for LEO?
LEO is global leader in the creation of digital learning, our portfolio includes major programmes for the private sector, 3rd sector and government, including high-profile initiatives with mainstream media visibility. The focus of the development team is to support the company in leading in the domain of learning technologies.
This role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to meaningful learning solutions that will make a genuine difference to people’s lives. We work hard and we move fast. We laugh and we have fun doing what we do, but when we work, it is “game on”. Excellence, attention to detail, and initiative are highly valued.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and self-motivated Test Engineer to help us delivering new (productised) software (sub-) systems and extend existing systems.
You will have a pivotal position within the development team leading the test efforts of the development of large and smaller custom software projects. You will work with everyone in the team (and the product owner in particular) in order to improve and build quality into the product as early as possible.
If you understand how to review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback, create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases, and design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools, then this could be the role for you.
A perfect match for us would be someone with a BSc in a STEM subject, who is able to draw on industry-wide best-practice and a broad range of testing knowledge, who thrives on constantly learning about ever evolving technologies and is an excellent verbal and written communicator. Ideally you will have at least three years experience of software quality assurance, including mobile platforms, and two years experience of using open source automated testing tools. You should also be familiar with SCRUM methodology and ensuring version control and release management using Git, Github or Bitbucket.
A little more detail on your responsibilities in defining and then executing testing activities:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Run functional and non-functional tests
- Write requirements and create scenarios for performance and load testing
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with developers and product owners to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, such as defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Skills and knowledge
- B.Sc. in any of the STEM fields or equivalent demonstrable work experience
- Demonstrable work experience in software development
- Three+ years work experience in software quality assurance
- Demonstrable knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Demonstrable experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Two+ years experience with automated testing tools
- Demonstrable knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Demonstrable experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Demonstrable experience with security testing is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
How do I apply?
Contact us and tell us how you’d help us ensure that all of our solutions are of the very highest quality. Tell us why you’re the right person for this role. If it feels like a match, we will ask you to undertake a test.
Email email@example.com with your CV, cover letter and any additional information.