Hosting Engineer- UK
- Location: Brighton, UK
- Salary: £35,000 neg
Why do I want to work for LEO?
LEO is global leader in the creation of digital learning, our portfolio includes major programmes for the private sector, 3rd sector and Government, including high-profile initiatives with mainstream media visibility. The focus of the development team is to support the company in leading in the domain of learning technologies.
This role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to meaningful learning solutions that will make a genuine difference to people’s lives. We work hard and we move fast. We laugh and we have fun doing what we do, but when we work, it is “game on”. Excellence, attention to detail, and initiative are highly valued.
We are looking for a dedicated, methodical and self-directed hosting engineer to help us ensure that the solutions we develop for our clients transition seamlessly to and operate flawlessly on cloud-based infrastructures that we manage for our clients.
Reporting to the DevOps and Hosting Manager, you will work with our software development team and our customers to shape the design and delivery of our custom solutions to ensure compatibility with the relevant infrastructure, as well as designing and delivering SLAs for the solutions that we host.
If you have an in-depth understanding of the software development life cycle for implementing enterprise level systems and a proven track record of successfully shaping decisions during the build, deployment and testing pipelines, as well as demonstrable experience of administering application servers, web servers, Linux, and databases (like MySQL, MongoDB), then this could be the role for you.
A perfect match for us would be someone with a BSc in a STEM subject, who is comfortable working across organisations, remains calm when handling major incidents and is an excellent verbal and written communicator. You will also have significant experience of creating automated provisioning of infrastructure, monitoring infrastructure support services and managing backup systems and security packages.
Ideally you will have will also be familiar with agile methodology such as SCRUM or KanBan and have one of the following industry qualifications: RHCE, VCE, CCNA, TOGAF or AWS.
Skills and knowledge
- Demonstrable strong Linux administration
- Demonstrable strong MySQL Database administration
- Demonstrable experience with monitoring and alerting
- Demonstrable experience with management of backup systems
- Demonstrable experience with management of security patches
- Methodical and calm when handling major incidents
- Self-directed and motivated
- B.Sc. in any of the STEM fields or relevant work experience
- Demonstrable experience in administering application servers, web servers, and databases (like MySQL, MongoDB) and managing server data storage.
- Demonstrable experience with analyzing & solving difficult problems across the tech stack.
- Ability to work across organizations
- In-depth understanding of the software development life cycle for implementing Enterprise level systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- M.Sc. in any of the STEM fields
- Industry certifications, such as RHCE, VCE, CCNA, TOGAF or AWS
- Experience with any object-orientated programming language
- Experience with an agile software delivery method, such as Scrum or Kanban
- Proven vendor management experience
How do I apply?
Contact us and tell us how you’d help us define and deliver superb software solutions. What skills or perspectives do you bring to the table that we can’t do without? Tell us why you’re the right person for this role. If it feels like a match, we will ask you to undertake a test.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive, we may not be able to provide feedback to all candidate’s. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of submitting your CV, please be advised you have not been shortlisted on this occasion. Thank you for your interest in LEO.
Email email@example.com with your CV, cover letter and any additional information.