- Location: Brighton, UK
- Salary: Competitive
We are currently looking for a full time Learning Designer to join our dynamic Studio team.
The Learning Designer works closely with a lead learning designer, a project manager and a multi-disciplinary team including art directors and developers. The Learning Designer designs and writes learning content that meets client requirements, exceeds expectations, and is delivered to schedule and budget. This is an exciting time to be joining LEO, and the successful applicant will be comfortable working independently in an environment that is fast-paced, deadline-driven, challenging and varied.
The main duties will include:
- To apply the principles of instructional design to create interactive, memorable and pedagogically sound learning content
- To create sparkling copy from raw content, adapting tone and style to match client requirements, delivering a first class customer service experience at all times
- Working with clients to scope and shape raw content into learning experiences
- To lead content workshops and alpha review meetings with clients
- To brief other team members and chair internal meetings
- To communicate and articulate the principles of effective writing and learning design
- Training and mentoring junior colleagues (and clients where appropriate) in the principles of learning design and in the use of common tools and systems
The skills you will need for this role are:
- Demonstrable ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner
- The ability to establish strong working relationships with clients
- Experience of producing technology-based training and an understanding of recent advances in both technology and design approaches
- An understanding of the skills, tools and processes used in the delivery of on-line and blended materials
- An understanding of learning design, training principles and approaches to assessment
- An understanding of the psychology of learning and an awareness of key figures in learning
- Understanding of the principles of SCORM and LMSs, as well as the possibilities of Tin Can
- An understanding of key factors that influence the design of multimedia, such as accessibility measures, bandwidth, screen size etc.
- Commercial awareness
Ideally you will also have:
- Experience in using both proprietary and off the shelf tools and systems in the creation of e-learning
- Experience of managing multiple priorities, projects and relationships
Why do I want to work here?
You will be working for a market leading, global organisation, which is fast growing in the learning technologies sector. LEO is part of the Learning Technologies Group. LTG are specialist learning technology businesses that are at the forefront of innovation and industry leading. The brands range from exciting video games companies to leading software and standards companies.
LEO is a global leader in the creation of digital learning, working with the world’s top brands. These include British Airways, Jaguar Land Rover, Novartis, Mars, John Lewis, as well as Government departments, charities and the United Nations. With offices in Brighton, London, Sheffield, New York and Rio de Janeiro, LEO offers a wide range of software services to support our clients throughout the entire training and development lifecycle. Specialising in learning technologies, our services include multi-device learning, mobile apps, learning portals, learning games, authoring tools and consultancy. LEO’s creative hub is our Studio where teams of learning designers, visual designers and developers work with our accounts teams to deliver these services to our clients.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive, we may not be able to provide feedback to all candidate’s. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of submitting your CV, please be advised you have not been shortlisted on this occasion. Thank you for your interest in LEO.
Email email@example.com with your CV, cover letter and any additional information.